Sunday, August 21, 2011

4 Weeks

It has been 4 weeks, almost to the hour that we've been here in Greensboro.

I am so happy to say that I finally have friends. A coworker of David's introduced me to a friend, who invited me to a birthday party and I had 3 events in 2 days with those girls! We also went to our first little party with PHD/Masters students from David's program; everyone was really smart. We couldn't stay long because David had his first online skype gaming session with his friends from home.

We have library cards, a couch, a stocked fridge, and a workout schedule. We're getting a puppy, I cook 2 or 3 times a day, I'm applying for jobs (I need about 10-20 hours per week it turns out) and I'm reading A LOT.

We know our neighborhood, have favorite restaurants, and found a dollar movie theater.

Obviously, I'm doing better. After a few days of crying and feeling like I was under the The Bell Jar I found my way out, thanks to my husband, my mom, and my good friends from back home. I have a renewed zest for life and as soon as we get financial aid in the mail (tomorrow?) I'm going to buy a lot of canvases so I can make reasonably priced art to sell at the Tate Street Festival (as long as I get my application in on time!)

The weather will be cooling down 10 degrees per month (I'm told) so I'm looking forward to wearing a sweatshirt in a couple of months!











No comments:

Post a Comment