Monday, August 8, 2011

Crazy Sunshine

The SUN. It's everywhere. It's relentless. Yes it's hotter than hades, and yes we need to keep the AC running in our house almost all the time but it's wonderful! Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) can't exist out here,  Greensboro doesn't have the required equipment. Because we can walk almost everywhere my vitamin D levels must be off the charts. It's rarely cloudy, and it really is not as humid as I thought it would be. Today, it is a very dry 91 degrees and my walk to the coffee shop was actually pleasant. If you know me, you know I have undergone some sort of change and let me assure you, even I don't understand it.

But you know what I miss? Sweatshirts. Sitting outside at a restaurant because it's sunny rather than stepping inside a restaurant and sighing at the wall of cold air hitting my body because it's sunny. I miss not squinting. Cool summer nights (we have hot summer nights which are nowhere near as sexy as they sound.) I miss picking up my wine glass and NOT having condensation pour all over my leg EVERY time.

I am enjoying the weather change and I am confident that with each new season, I will welcome things I have missed as well as find new, Southern-specific weather related things to despise. Until that time I will continue to enjoy my morning walks at 8:50am in 89 degree heat.

If you have a chance, listen to one of David's favorite songs, one that I can't get outta my head in this weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment